Tuesday, October 4, 2011

back to 40 and Cal Ripken

It doesn't really hit home until you put it in writing. Soon after turning 40, I was in a doctor's office filling out paperwork for a chipped ankle bone, (Have I mentioned anything about being more clumsy as I got older?)  Anyway, I had to actually write in the number "40" for my age on the form.  Well, that did it. I started to flip through the index cards in my mind, looking for anything to ease the pain. I suddenly remembered something.  Something wonderful! The Iron Man himself,  Cal Ripken  ,was born in 1960, just like me!

YES!!!


And he wasn't in his easy chair watching video clips of himself. 40-year old Cal was playing professional baseball. Hah! Not warming the bench waiting to retire his number, either. He was still knocking it out of the park and setting records. And he was 40, too. So there.  Not over the hill yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment